50 Things That Make Me Happy Tag
I was tagged by the lovely Mary, from Mary Chronicles, to do a ’50 things that make me happy’ post. I’m so excited to do this post, and to be honest a little daunted too. I hope I don’t struggle to find 50 things, otherwise, that will be a little sad 😀
This sounds like a really great tag, and I was so excited when Mary added me to the tag. I’ve read other blogger’s posts on this, and I think it will be a great way to really have a think about what actually makes me happy.
So, here are 50 things that make me happy:
1) Books – huge reader/nerd (proud nerd) here.
2) Travel – it broadens your horizons.
3) Family – I couldn’t live without them.
4) Chocolate cake – ‘let’s face it, a good creamy chocolate cake does a lot for people’ -Audrey Hepburn.
5) Audrey Hepburn – she’s my idol.
6) Harry Potter.
7) Puns – especially ones about Otters. ‘See you from the otter side’, or even ‘Harry Otter’.
8) Chick Flicks – I love a good, cheesy romance movie that has a terrible plot line.
10) Queen – as in the band.
11) Lord of the Rings – I read 2.5 of the books, but I love the movies. I got halfway through the last book and couldn’t go any further!
12) New Zealand – there’s no place like home and it’s beautiful here.
13) London – it’s my ‘home away from home’.
14) History – gotta learn from past mistakes.
15) Feminism – When women empower women. When women stand up for their rights!
16) Museums – this goes hand in hand with history.
17) Fashion – live to shop, shop to live.
18) Education – I’m a teacher, and so I love education.
19) Blogging – it’s my way to vent all my emotions and frustrations (but most of the time my angsty posts don’t see the light of day #emo).
20) Photography – I love taking photos when I travel.
21) Dating – although I have more horror stories than good dates, I do enjoy dating.
22) Single lyf – for now…not 5ever.
23) Cinderella – where’s my Prince Charming.
24) The Greatest Showman – you should see me singing along to the soundtrack in my car.
25) Singing in my car – I may look weird, but I don’t care!
26) Spending time with my besties.
27) Brunch dates with said besties – #millenial, because I always get smashed avo.
28) Sangria – I don’t drink often, but when I do I drink Sangria by the jug (shared with others of course).
29) Beach walks – I grew up at the beach.
30) The feel of sand in between my toes.
31) Summer! – There’s something amazing about summer.
32) Flight of the Conchords – Murray still makes me laugh!
33) Packing for a holiday.
34) Arriving at a new destination.
35) Indonesian food.
36) Instagram – I’ve made some good friends on instagram!
37) Twitter – see above.
38) Mindfulness – meditating and colouring in.
39) Seeing my students light up when they learn something.
40) Playing the ukulele.
41) Looking at old photos with my mum.
42) Sunday lunch with my mum and dad.
43) Smiling for no reason.
44) Remembering the time my friend slipped on a banana skin – I never thought that could happen, but it happened to her!
45) Seeing how far I’ve come since finishing Uni!
46) Bright blue skies.
47) Sparkling sea.
48) Horse riding – haven’t been for years though!
50) A beautiful vintage dress
I’m pleasantly surprised that I managed to think of 50 things that make me happy.
I’d like to tag: