Thank you to Tinka from Little Tinkablee for the nomination for the Liebster Award. I love doing these because they are such a great way to introduce yourself to other bloggers!
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Simply, give a shout out to the blogger that nominated you for this award and make sure to link back to their blog
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Don’t forget to post the award on your blog
- And, answer the fun questions set up by the blogger amazing enough to nominate you
- After that, Nominate 11 amazing bloggers who you feel deserve this award and don’t forget to tag them to help spread the blogging love
Eleven Facts About Me:
I love to read! It’s my favourite way to relax.
I used to do a lot of horse riding when I was younger. It’s a sport I’d like to get back into!
Travelling is one of my favourite things to do.
Despite looking like a 19 year old, I am actually 29.
My day job is a primary school teacher.
I love having new experiences that get me out of my comfort zone (see moving overseas).
Blogging has been a really great way for me to ‘meet’ other people!
I tried to write a book, but I’m useless at that kind of thing! I just can’t stick to a plot line.
My favourite TV show is Supernatural. TBH, I spend more time watching Supernatural bloopers now more than I do writing. I don’t know how they can get any work done.
I also enjoy watching shows like ‘Location, Location’ because I am secretly a granny at heart.
I’m currently doing my Postgrad in Literacy Education!
My 11 Questions from Tinka:
1) What is your all-time favourite book? Something you could read again and again?
The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is my favourite series. Her books always make me laugh and I always buy her latest additions to this series. Her books that aren’t in this series are also excellent!
2) Do you chew your pens/pencils?
No! I used to, but not anymore!
3) What is your song of the week?
I’ve been listening to Unholy by Miley Cyrus a lot lately. It’s a really catchy song!
4) What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
Probably the Simpsons 😀
4) What is your Chinese astrological sign?
I think it’s the horse! Which is great because I love horses and used to do heaps of horse riding when I was growing up?
5) Have you ever been to a concert?
Once. I went to Michael Buble because I’m secretly a granny. His voice is so dreamy and he has a really good sense of humour. I spent the whole time laughing!
6) What was your first-ever concert?
Ohh, I forgot, I went to an Abba tribute concert years ago. I think I would have been 13. My grandparents took my siblings and I. It was so much fun! I love Abba.
7) Are you named after anyone? (Example, family member, celebrity, Place).
My first name is Katharine (people always struggle with the spelling, which is why I have a nickname). I’m named after family members. There were a lot of Katharine’s in my family tree. Katharine Hepburn’s name is spelt the same way as mine!
8) What was your favourite school subject?
This is tricky. I loved music – I studied it all the way through school and focused on performance music. I also really enjoyed history and classical studies. Learning from history is so important, and I love going to places I have studied about.
9) What is one hobby you would like to take?
I would like to do more horse riding. Or I would like to learn how to ballroom dance. I think Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire are my favourite dancers from the olden days.
10) Do you any irrational fears?
Bugs, anything that’s creepy crawly. My mum chased me with grasshoppers when I was a kid and I also fear butterflies.
11) What are you looking forward to this year?
Moving to Azerbaijan and having a lot of new experiences!
My 11 Question for my nominees:
1) Do you believe in the paranormal?
2) What is your favourite genre of books?
3) Is there anything you cannot live without?
4) If you could travel to one place right now, where would you go to?
5) What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
6) What is your favourite snack?
7) What made you decide to start blogging?
8) What is your favourite topic to write about?
9) What is something that you are proud of that you have done recently?
10) What is a topic you feel really strongly about (e.g. in the media etc)? Why?
11) What is something you would like to learn more about and why?
I’d like to nominate:
Have a read of my other Liebster Award post: