The Sunshine Blogger Award
I’m so excited to accept the nominations, as I find these awards a really fantastic way to meet, and get to know, bloggers.
Definitely go and check these two bloggers out because their content is amazing!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What’s the favourite age you’ve been so far?
This is a tricky one. I find I enjoy every age I’ve been, but I think that I really liked being 21. It was my favourite year because it was Rugby World Cup 2011 (and it was being held in NZ), my final year of Uni (I only had 2 classes a week) and it was pretty much a party year.
2. Do you have a secret talent?
Well, it’s not really secret, but most people don’t know about it. But, I used to do a lot of music when I was younger (until I started Uni). I was actually going to do a performance music degree and become a music teacher. I play(ed) flute, bassoon, and I still play a bit of guitar, keyboard and ukulele.
3. What’s your biggest fear?
Bugs and insects. I know that sounds really small, but I can’t stand them. Spiders, cockroaches, grasshoppers, ladybugs, butterflies. I had to take my students to a butterfly garden once and I really struggled.
4. If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
I actually have no idea. I guess maybe I’ll ask ‘why are you so addicted to crisps?’.
5. Do you ever doubt the existence of others than you?
Like aliens? Well, I really don’t know. There must be something else out there…the galaxy is pretty big.
6. Favorite movie?
My favourite movie would have to be Love, Actually. Yes, it is the ultimate Christmas movie. But it is hilarious.
7. What makes you smile?
My dog. She is lovely.
8. Do you regret anything in your life?
I’d have to say not following my dream as a writer. I love teaching, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I chose a different career path.
9. When was the last time you cried?
Lol, this morning. I was watching this about America’s Next Top Models getting their makeovers, and one girl’s story was just so sad. I love watching ‘Hairdresser Reacts’ – I’ve got a bit of an addiction!
10. Cats or dogs?
Aww, this is too tricky. I grew up with both cats and dogs, so I just can’t choose. I guess if I did have to I’d say dog…only because I have a dog now.
11. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely an introvert. I need time to relax and chill and get my energy back constantly. Lunch and driving home are my favourite times of the day as I can spend them in silence.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as an escape from real life. Not that I hate my life, but I just wanted something for me. Something that I could be proud of and keep to myself at the same time. I like having something for me. Something that my friends don’t all know about!
2. What is your favourite movie and why?
Like I said above: Love, Actually. It is sad and funny. It’s the typical ‘feel good’ movie.
3.What makes you say “what was I thinking” when you look back on your life?
Hmm, maybe some fashion choices? I try to keep positive with my choices, even when I know that they haven’t been the best ones I’ve made. If that makes sense.
4. Describe your best childhood memory.
There are so many to choose from! But the top of the list would have to be the summers we spent at Opoutere. My grandparents came to visit for a day now and then. I remember kayaking, swimming, roasting marshmallows and cooking saussies (only to be told off because there was a fire ban as it was really hot). It seemed like a time when I wasn’t stressed – life was easy going, hey it was the 90s! Life seemed much easier in the 90s.
5. Tell us the funniest joke you know.
Ok, this is really really lame, but I’m going to tell it anyway. My student’s LOVE this joke:
“Will you remember me in one hour?”
“Will you remember me in 1 day?”
“Will you remember me in a week/month/year/10 years etc”.
“Why don’t you remember me?” (Said in a crying voice).
See, told you it was well lame..but that’s the best I could come up with on the spot!
6. If you could live somewhere else for a year where in the world would you go and why?
There are so many places. I would love to live in Amsterdam. But then I’d love to go somewhere like Hawaii. Relax, swim, drink yummy cocktails.
7. What is the strangest habit you have?
I don’t have any. I am perfect. However, I like making sure everything is perfectly lined up though. Especially when I am setting the table.
8. Name your favourite Disney princess.
9.What brings you the most joy in life?
Definitely when my students finally understand something. Their eyes light up!
10. If you only had one advice to give to someone who wishes to start blogging, what would you tell them?
Go for it. Start your blog and then think about what you’d like to do e.g. self-hosting, domain names. The best thing to do is just write. Read other blogs for inspiration.
11. What’s your hidden talent?
I’m a musician!
Here are your 11 questions:
1. What is your biggest fear?
2. If you could have a movie made of your life, who would you pick to portray you and why? (Such a typical question, but meh).
3. Who do you look up to the most?
4. If you were leaving your house forever and could only take 3 things with you, what would you take and why?
5. Could you live without your phone?
6. Who is your favourite author?
7. If you had to pick one season to live in, which season would you pick?
8. Which brand would you love to work with one day?
9. You are organising a party and have to choose between Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. Which one would you choose? (Not gonna judge).
10. If you were a Spice Girl, which one would you be?
11. There’s going to be an apocolypse and you have to choose the very last movie you’ll ever watch. But the only two available are Legally Blonde and the Proposal. Which one would you choose and why?