Mystery Blogger Award
I’ve had this award sitting in my drafts since before I went on holiday, so I decided I should finish it off and get it posted. The mystery blogger award is such a fun way to get to know other bloggers!
The Mystery Blogger Award:
I’ve been thinking carefully (and hard) about what to write as my ‘three things’ to tell you about myself. So, here goes:
- I’m the youngest of three. Meaning I’m the baby and that my brother and sister were mercilessly mean to me growing up (*sob sob*). But actually, they weren’t too bad.
- I used to own 37 pairs of shoes. Don’t judge. Girl likes to shop! I still love shoes, but I’ve sort of curbed it and am now just onto clothes. However, I do need about 13 new pairs of shoes. My dad was always like ‘how many fricken pairs of shoes do you need?’.
- I’m a teacher. Writing is my favourite subject to teach (it’s always so exciting getting kids out of their little box and encouraging them to be creative and take risks with their work). I thought that since I love writing so much I should blog.
Here are the questions:
1. What was one of the best days of your life?
OMG, this is a tricky one. I have had so many amazing days, but my favourite day would have to be last year at my sister’s wedding. She looked gorgeous, I danced the night away and had a few too many red wines (but didn’t spill any on myself or my sister – three cheers for that!). It’s really set the bar for my wedding.
2. What is the strangest habit you have?
I really don’t know. I don’t really have any strange habits. Except, when I set the table for dinner everything has to be lined up perfectly (e.g. coasters need to be facing the right way, knives need to be facing in etc). That’s the strangest thing I could think of.
3. Who or what inspires you to be a better person?
Audrey Hepburn. She is such a massive inspiration, and she led such an interesting life. I love how she worked with UNICEF and how she just seemed like such a grounded person. I love her quotes, and I am the proud owner of the book ‘How to be a Lady’
“There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.”
4. What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made?
This is a tricky one. But I’ll have to choose the worst. When I was 14, I went to a shop called Supre with my friends (my brother later convinced me that Supre meant slut in French, which I later found out was a lie). I found these jeans for $15, which for me, on my limited budget was amazing! I bought them, and later when I tried them on at home, everyone laughed at me. Because they were painted jeans. Like they actually had paint stripes painted down the front and back of them. In the shop I was like ok, they look kind of dumb, but they are skinny jeans (this was when skinny jeans first came into fashion). I wore them to the shops once and people laughed at me because they looked like I’d just finished a painting job.
5. What is the most ridiculous thing you have ever been tricked into doing or believing?
When I was little my sister convinced me (yes, I was a rather gullible child) that when a plane flew over they’d drop bombs, like the WW2 air raids. I was absolutely terrified, and for some strange reason, whenever I was jumping on the trampoline my sister would yell out air raid, causing me to quickly scramble under the trampoline. She’d leave me there for about 10 minutes, my heart pounding furiously until she announced the all clear.
Who I’d like to nominate:
Here are your questions:
- What is your least favourite food and why?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is the most embarrassing moment you’ve ever had?
- If you could do one outrageous thing, what would it be?
- Are you a dog or cat person? (won’t judge if you say cat).
1. Put the award logo in your post, as well the rules.
2. Thank the person who nominated you; provide a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award; provide a link to their blog.
4. Tell your subscribers three things about you.
5. Re-nominate 10-20 people.
6. Notify the nominees via a blog comment.
7. Ask your nominees 5 questions including a funny question.
8. Share links to your best posts.