The Versatile Blogger Award
I was recently nominated for the versatile blogger award, something which I am so thankful for!
Now, onto the rules (to be honest, I am a bit of a rule breaker…. so not sure how well I will abide by these rules):
You must thank the person who nominated you and also link to their blog in this post, you also have to nominate 15 other bloggers and say seven facts about yourself.
The Versatile Blogger Award:
I really like the idea of giving seven facts about yourself, as it is such a good way to get to know bloggers. The reason why I like these awards is that you get to tell other people a bit about who you are etc.
So, all this rambling aside, I am going to start with the seven things about me (I don’t know why, but this really reminds me of that Miley Cyrus song from years ago):
- As some of you may know, I only just started blogging again, after taking a break and ‘rebranding’ (i.e. getting a new blog). Blogging is such a great way to get my thoughts out into the world. It’s also a great way to meet lots of like-minded people.
- I am an introvert. I don’t struggle to go out and socialise, but there are definitely times when I just don’t particularly feel like it. However, at my workplace, there is such pressure to be extrovert, that I take on qualities of an extrovert during the day.
- I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I get deathly sick of social media at times because I like to ‘live in the moment’. But with blogging and work, I am constantly having to update. However, I always take time off from my phone and laptop. I do this by reading, going for walks, and just leaving my phone at home when I go out.
- My favourite thing to do is read, particularly after a long day or week of work. I know that makes me sound sufficiently boring, but there is just something about delving into a book and getting lost in between the pages. I like being able to lose myself in a new world, and I love getting to know other characters. One of my favourite series is the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. Purely because I can totally relate to Becky (but I need a Luke to make my life complete lolol).
The Versatile Blogger Award Continued:
5. I love vintage fashion. My original blog focussed a lot on vintage fashion. Who knows, I might even post some more vintage posts here. I have sort of dabbled (clothing wise) in every era since the 1930s. Except for the 80s and 90s. I lived through the 90s, so I don’t really have to, or want to, try that era again. Vintage clothing just seems so unique. I really grew to love vintage fashion because I used to watch old films from the 30s and 40s a lot. My school binder at high school was covered in photos of Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, and Vivien Leigh. I was the epitome of coolness.
6. I lindy hop. Now, if you don’t know what Lindy Hop is, I suggest you check it out. I used to go Lindy Hopping a lot in 2015-16. It was my primary source of socialising when I lived in the UK (except for when I went to the pub…wait the dance I went to every weekend was in a pub…so…). It is seriously so much fun, heaps of exercise, and a great way to meet new people. Never met a man there, so I was quite disappointed (except for the hot Irish guy. Despite popular belief, I don’t spend my time just looking for a man to date).
Now, the above crew are Whitey’s Lindy Hoppers, who are quite possibly the most famous Lindy Hop group ever. I never could dance like that, but it’s just so much fun to watch. For me that is. 😀
7. I love to travel. I have had a bad, severe case of wanderlust since I was 15. My brain is just telling me that I want to, no need to, travel. I love exploring new cultures, eating delicious food, exploring cities and countries. Travel really broadens your horizons and makes you truly appreciate what you have. I also love travelling around my own country. There’s nothing quite like packing a bag and getting out onto the road and seeing where it takes you.
Now, I’ve finished my seven things the bloggers I would like to nominate are:
Now, you may have noticed that I have not tagged 15 bloggers in this post. I have just been nominated for another Versatile Blogger Award, so I will tag some more in then!
Also, here’s the Miley Cyrus song the seven things reminded me of:
I mean, the only similarity it has to this post are the two words, seven things. Sha.
To be honest, I was more of an ‘it’s Britney, bitch’ girl then a Miley Cyrus fan. I was a bit old for Hannah Montana anyway.
Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Had to add in the above video because it’s Britney, bitch.