Vogue 73 Questions Tag
Thank you to Jess from jerserry for tagging me to do the Vogue 73 Questions Tag.
I’m a massive fan of Vogue, and I love watching their 73 Questions videos on youtube. I’m sure you’ve all heard of Vogue! The fashion bible, and although I don’t buy it often, I always look at it in the shops and read the most interesting articles (yes, I do most of my magazine reading while I’m shopping and waiting in queues).
1. What’s your usual Starbuck’s order?
I don’t really go to Starbucks. It’s not that I don’t like Starbucks, it just that in NZ there are places that do amazing coffee, teas and hot chocolates, without having to go to Starbucks. I like independent coffee shops (support local communities yo).
2. What does your workstation look like?
At the moment it’s got a mannequin head with a hat on, a laptop case and some books. It’s not messy, it’s just confused organisation.
3. Favourite food?
Soto Soup! My mum very rarely makes this because it takes a long time, but it’s one of my favourite mum cooked meals. It’s Indonesian, and my mum got the recipe from her Aunt!
4. Favourite author?
J.K Rowling or Sophie Kinsella. I love the Shopaholic series because I feel like I really relate to Becky!
5. What do you think of open relationships?
If people want to do that, then great…but it’s not for me.
6. What is your favorite video game?
It’s been a long time since I’ve played video games.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Chips – all day erryday. I especially like Proper Crisps from NZ – they are the perfect amount of crisp as you bite into them. My no crisp diet is going incredibly well, thank you very much!
8. Favourite movie?
This is difficult. There are so many. But, I want to highlight some good New Zealand movies, since I’m all about promoting my home country: Hunt for the Wilderpeople (best movie ever = humour is classic Kiwi), Boy (sad, with funny bits), Goodbye Pork Pie (good old Kiwi classic, don’t bother with the remake), We Were Warriors (a sad movie).
9. Favourite book?
Without a doubt: Harry Potter.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Hmmm, I love the community on Twitter, but the inspiration on Instagram is fab for fashion and travel!
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t have a five-year plan.
13. What project are you working on right now?
I’m trying to finish sewing a dress – it’s a 1940s pattern and I’m stuck. I think I might just take it to the dressmaker to finish. #notlazy
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Of course 😀 I did actually, I only did subjects I was good at: Music, History, Classics, German and English. Arty type ones.
16. Dream job?
It’s changed a lot over the years. I used to say a magazine editor or fashion blogger. But now I think I’d like to work with the UN or Unicef on developing programs for children in countries where they need my Education support.
17. Play any sports?
Lol, no. This is an apt visual of me attempting to play sports:
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, a Bachelor of Education (Primary teaching).
I’m New Zealand European.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
I can’t choose. I really love writing fashion posts, but I also love travel and feminist posts!
21. What do you like to collect?
I like buying postcards from the places I visit.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
(An) exceptionally cool person.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My sister, most likely about the tv show Lunatics.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
To have some amazing adventures this year!
26. Sorting house?
I’d love to say Gryffindor, but I’d probably end up in Hufflepuff.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None! But that’s not to say I won’t ever get one.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Having such supportive parents, who encouraged me to persevere with getting a job at an international school!
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Being offered a job at a school I relief teach at! I didn’t take it though because I’m going overseas to teach in 1.5 months.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Hmmmm, not really sure.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Probably my little Pipi dog!
32. Favourite season?
Summer for sure!
33. Favorite holiday?
I love Christmas time – the smell of pine trees, the beach and spending time with family!
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
I mentioned before about Becky from the Shopaholic series. I relate to her because sometimes when I feel like everything is going wrong, a bit of retail therapy makes everything feel better!
35. Do you like surprises?
If it’s a good surprise, then yes!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
When I turned 19 (2009), my brother, sister and friends from my workplace organised a surprise birthday party for me. I kind of twigged as to what was happening, because they were acting really suspicious. I ended up having a great evening playing a drinking game and hugged the bathroom sink crying because I didn’t know what was happening.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I haven’t really had a surprise like that!
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
I don’t really think I’ve given anyone a surprise before. I need to work on that!
39. Do you like muffins?
If they have a lot of blueberries in them!
40. Do you cook often?
Sometimes. I love to cook, but recently I’ve been having a lot of salads. One of my favourite things to cook is a Quinoa filling for tacos.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
My mum’s lemon cheesecake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I’m not really a fan of things with a lot of liquor in it.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Anything with mushrooms in it!
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Mayonaise. It’s good for everything – salad, chips, corn fritters.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
A chocolate biscuit. Gotta keep those sugar levels up.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to delete people on Facebook 101.
48. Best animated film?
Alice in Wonderland!
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
Shouted out “You look beautiful” across the store when I worked at the local supermarket as a checkout chick. We had gone on one date. I had just got my hair highlighted blonde and I hated it. Everyone turned to look at me. I was mortified.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Go for a cup of coffee/tea and then a walk on the beach (literally every first date I’ve ever had).
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Talk about nipples. I had a guy talk about nipples for 15 minutes. Cool if you’re into talking about nipples casually….but it’s not really my prefered first date convo.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
I only know dodgy Harry Potter ones. I’ll stick to something nicer: ‘did it hurt? When you fell from heaven.”
53. Best comic book character?
I don’t really read comics.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Visa card, lip balm, hand cream.
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
Audrey Hepburn of course!
57. Kittens or puppies?
This is too difficult…how can I choose?
58. Favorite sushi roll?
I like avocado with cream cheese.
59. What lipstick do you use?
My favourite one is a nude one by L’Oreal.
60. What foundation do you use?
I don’t often wear foundation, but my going out one is Isabella DuPont.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Air Dry. I kind of scrunch it with a towel and then let it dry naturally. It has more body when I do that.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
Jess for Less – She supports sustainable fashion!
I also love Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Katharine Hepburn! I also like Alexa Chung’s style!
63. Favourite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Relaxing – working on my essay, blog and trying to get better before work on Monday!
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
I can’t actually think of any at the moment.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
69. What’s your favourite animal?
Horses, dogs and dolphins. I also like cats.
70. Favourite illustrator?
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Read a book, listen to music or watch a movie.
I had so much fun answering these questions! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers!
For the Vogue 73 Questions Tag I’m going to nominate:
I hope you enjoy writing your answers, if you choose to do this tag!